"Surrounded by his family and a packed room of well-wishers, Thomas Rowe was sworn in tonight as Leonia’s next police chief".
Read the fully story at CliffviewPilot.com
RES-2013-195: Appointing Tom Rowe as Police Chief
- WHEREAS, the position of Chief of Police for the Borough of Leonia is vacant due to the retirement of the former Chief; and
- WHEREAS, Borough of Leonia has advertised and received applications for the position of Chief of Police; and
- WHEREAS, the Police Committee interviewed candidates for the position and hereby recommends that Thomas Rowe be appointed as Chief of Police effective immediately; and
- WHEREAS, the Mayor hereby nominates Thomas Rowe for the position of Chief of Police; and
- WHEREAS, the Council of the Borough of Leonia hereby confirms and ratifies the nomination of Thomas Rowe for the position of Chief of Police;
- NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, Thomas Rowe is hereby appointed by the Borough of Leonia as Chief of Police; and
- BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Mayor and Borough Clerk are authorized to execute a contract memorializing the terms and conditions of employment with Chief Rowe.